There might be a cheaper way for Seattle to lower traffic-related deaths without having to irritate drivers and spend the city's money.
Firefighter Daniel Lyon is starting his rehabilitation phase, months after being injured in the wildfire near Twisp.
Our weekly attempt at separating the knee-jerk reactions from the realities of the Seahawks' most recent game, in this case a 27-24 overtime loss to Cincinnati.
Ron and Don, KIRO RadioAiling 8-year-old girl hopes for service dog to fulfill big dreams
The family of an ailing girl hopes the Ron and Don Show can help raise the money for a service dog they say would dramatically improve her life.
NEW MyNorthwestRussell Wilson puts green thumb to use at Seattle elementary
Russell Wilson got out his green thumb at Seattle's Dunlap Elementary, planting native plants around the school with fellow Seahawks.
710 ESPN SeattleClayton: Possible that Sarkisian could end up with Seahawks
ESPN football guru John Clayton said it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see the recently fired head coach on the Seahawks staff in some capacity in the future.
Associated PressUW names first woman as president
The University of Washington Board of Regents has chosen Ana Mari Cauce to be the school's next president.
NEW MyNorthwestMissing 3-year-old Lupita Tellez located in Spokane
An Amber Alert has been cancelled for 3-year-old Lupita Tellez and her mother.
KIRO RadioFBI, law enforcement carry out prostitution sting at Everett hotel
The FBI and Snohomish County law enforcement carried out a special operation from an Everett hotel last week in order to gain intelligence on the sex trade.
ChokepointsWhy Canadians don't have to pay for tolls on I-405
Canada has such a tough version of the U.S. Patriot Act that it will not give up citizens' information, not even for tolling.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioRantz: Washington's open-container pot law is petty, illogical
Be on the lookout: Washington State troopers will be enforcing a new open-container pot law. And it's a petty, illogical law.
KIRO RadioAre you suffering from SLD: Seahawks Loss Disorder?
Do you have these symptoms? Former Seahawk Marcus Trufant gives advice for 12s suffering from what is being called "Seahawks Loss Disorder."
MyNorthwestFrustrated Seattle parent donates $70K to save teacher's job
A Ballard parent donated more than $70,000 to save a teacher at a West Seattle school his kids will never attend.
KIRO RadioBoeing's new 'space bins' give travelers more room for carry-ons
Passengers may have a little less headroom on the next Alaska Airlines flight, but that little sacrifice could end the airline carry-on rat race.
MyNorthwestGreat ShakeOut preparing Pacific Northwest for the inevitable
One million people have committed to preparing for what experts are saying is the inevitable.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: Tough leaders have one thing in common
We like our presidents tough, says Dave Ross. It's a big reason Trump has done so well and it's why many Americans seem to hold a grudging respect for Putin.
MyNorthwestDon O'Neill: Seattle isn't changing history, it's trying to get things right
Seattle was among a long list of cities and even a state that did not celebrate Columbus Day. Ron and Don know why.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioCurley: Gun-free zones are safe havens for killers
A group of students planning to protest a law that allows people to carry guns on campus created some controversy.
MyNorthwest'Most prepared city in America' continues to underestimate costs
Upgrades to Seattle firehouses are coming in over budget by millions of dollars, and it's not the only city project that has come in beyond the expected price.
- Seahawks' turnover stats don't add up to Pete Carroll
- Brock Huard on how the Seahawks can better utilize Jimmy Graham
- Seahawks waive B.J. Daniels, Rod Smith
- Report: Seahawks to sign CB Crezdon Butler
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano undergoes surgery
- Carroll says Seahawks' offense wasn't playing it safe late
- Carroll on Sarkisian's personal issues: 'It breaks my heart to see how this has gone'
- Ben Carson's inept and inaccurate analogy
- The media myth of a 'GOP Civil War'
- Michael Medved picks underdog to shine in Democratic debate
- Washington's open-container pot law is petty, illogical
- History shows us tough leaders have one thing in common: lying
- An outrageous assault on Biblical history
- Where's the 'down'? Most Americans have saved less than $1,000
- Russell Wilson puts green thumb to use at Seattle elementary
- University of Washington names Cauce as president
- Missing 3-year-old Lupita Tellez located in Spokane
- Injured firefighter keeps fighting months after wildfire accident
- Some I-405 drivers charged double in express lanes
- Sixth man hurt in dam explosion moved to Harborview
- Spokane police shoot man during domestic violence call
Where's the 'down'? Most Americans have saved less than $1,000
Bankrate.com found that 62 percent of 1,000 Americans surveyed have no emergency savings for things such as a $1,000 emergency room visit or a $500 car repair.
- Home improvement funds for borrowers who are 'maxed out'
- 'Less bullish' market to remain steady through 2017
- 10-week run: Fixed-rate loans remain below 4 percent
- Own vs. rent from a first-time buyer's view
- What to expect from new closing process changes
- Five home inspection fixes before your open house
- Harvard study considers reasons for low for-sale inventories
- Church gives pizza driver $1,000 tip from collection plate
- Showing less skin: Playboy to stop running nude photos
- Former NBA star Odom found unconscious at Nevada brothel
- California drops plan to let violent inmates fight fires
- Prosecutor: Cases against telescope protesters to be tossed
- Navy chief: Service considering expanding paternity leave
- ACLU sues psychologists over CIA interrogation tactics
- Mexico performs first Mass in indigenous Nahuatl language
- Nepal fuel crisis eases as gov't allows some gas sales
- New films scrutinize Brazil's World Cup legacy
- Israeli leader vows 'aggressive steps' to halt fighting
- Vietnam slams China over construction of lighthouses
- New Zealand posts budget surplus for first time since 2008
- Three homemade bombs in Egypt's Alexandria wound 2
- Debate Takeaways: Clinton on offense, defuses email issue
- AP FACT CHECK: Clinton, Sanders revise history in Dem debate
- Union: Chronic shortage of air traffic controllers a crisis
- Paul Ryan weighs pros, cons of becoming next House speaker
- The Latest: Trump offers his assessment of the Democrats
- Bush offers plan to repeal, replace federal health care law
- Prosecutor: 2 ex-aides to Ron Paul involved in 'cover-up'
- Church gives pizza driver $1,000 tip from collection plate
- Jury: Boy not liable for exuberant hello that injured aunt
- Police offer marijuana grower counseling in Facebook post
- Detective suspended for drinking before MADD conference
- Woman sues nephew, says his exuberant greeting led to fall
- Student sorry for mac and cheese meltdown, says he's ashamed
- Running couple says 'I do' at mile 8 of Chicago Marathon